So before I start this I have a confession, I sort of read todays entry last night and started planning in my head what I was going to do last night, Bad pixie! right that said to days task was to think about how helping others , feeds are need to submit. Then it explained that todays task was to perform at least one ‘Random act of kindness’. something nice that would surprise someone and brighten their day. The was also a handy list of ideas to help you think of something to do!.
Now this is where I got excited. maîtriser will quite often set us the task of doing RAK on are daily task list and I really love doing them. It helps improve my sense of self-worth, pushes me out of comfort zone, in a good way and I get to help people! So me and little bear got out a pad of paper and the gel pens and started to make are plan. So this morning we hit the road running and this is what we have done so far.
- We took the old sleeping bags and winter coats to the salvation army.
- We boxed up all the old , used dog bits laying round the house and sent the off to a greyhound rescue.
- bought and then donated food to a local food bank (£30 can go a bloody long way!)
- Made wash bags full of basic hygiene bits and took them to a local domestic violence charity.
- we bought Tea and a Toasted tea cake for an old lady in Tesco’s who had lost her purse.
- Took tea and biscuits to the work men trying to fix a water leak in are street.
- Text 5 of are friends that we know have a hard time at this time of year, say we love them and that we are always about if they need to talk.
- I’ve typed up little bears notes for her
- I did all of babes ironing for her.
- We have made cakes for Aunty May to take to the catholic ladies tomorrow
- Made soup and bread for the lady over the road who has a poorly leg and can’t get out.
- Little bear cleaned my van out for me!
- I’ve mended Kittens dress that got a rip in it.
- Made maîtriser favorite dinner for him (his not allowed to much fat in his diet)
all this has left me feeling happy , but it also has left me feeling a little blue as well. people that we did stuff for seem shocked that people would actually stop and offer help or kindness. If you think about it , I guess it is something that not a lot of people would actually do just for the sake of it. So after a lot of thinking I have decided that next year is going to be a year of Rak, pay it forward and volunteering for this little Pixie!
So see you all tomorrow!
Pixie x x x x